The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at our school:
- Mrs D Turnbull is our designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator and also the Acting Head Teacher.
- Mrs Jullie Craggs is our designated SEN Governor
It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on 0191 586 2937 or sending an email to: email@example.com
Mrs D Turnbull is appointed as the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENDCo) who oversees SEN provision across the school. Mrs Turnbull holds the National Award for Special Educational Need Co-ordination.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.