It is our wish to create a school in which the emphasis is on care, courtesy and consideration.
We wish to provide a secure, welcoming environment in which personal, social, spiritual and educational values are developed through constant effort.
We would like parents to assist us by taking an active role in everything we do in school to encourage our children into becoming useful members of society.
The school aims to meet the personal, academic, spiritual, moral and cultural needs of every child through a broad and balanced curriculum, where each child is given an equal opportunity to succeed.
- To create the best educational environment for the children, with personal attention, a happy atmosphere and dedicated staff.
- To keep a careful balance between discipline and freedom, so that by the time children leave school, they should have developed a measure of self control and self reliance.
- To help children develop lively enquiring minds.
- To provide a structure to cater for basic skills.
- To help children to use language effectively and imaginatively in reading, writing and speaking.
- To provide the basis of mathematical, scientific and technical knowledge, enabling children to learn essential skills in a fast changing world.
- To help children to develop and satisfy an intellectual curiosity about their environment and that of other people distant in time and place so that they begin to understand their world and their place within it.
- To help children develop a sense of self respect and a respect for others and an awareness of their responsibilities in society.
- To instil respect for moral and religious values with tolerance and understanding of other races, religions and ways of life.
- To encourage enjoyment and appreciation of creative forms of self expression, physical, intellectual and aesthetic values.
- To provide every child with the opportunity to develop to their full potential.
- To make children aware of the difference between right and wrong, so that they know what is, and what is not acceptable, by focusing upon the values of: telling the truth; keeping promises; respecting the rights and property of others; acting considerately towards others; helping those less fortunate and weaker than ourselves; taking personal responsibility for one’s actions; self discipline and upholding those values which reject bullying; stealing; cheating; deceit; cruelty; irresponsibility and dishonesty.
- To fulfil the requirements of the National Curriculum.